Rising levels of groundwater pollution are confronting water utilities with increasing difficulties. The problem of nitrates and pesticides in areas of intensive agricultural activity and the contamination caused by halogenated hydrocarbons from site leachate, make the treatment of natural water reserves essential.
Moreover, apart from these manmade impurities, groundwater may also contain natural substances, which affect drinking water quality.
WABAG has developed and optimised numerous technologies especially for groundwater. We offer top processes, ranging from biological denitrification and advanced oxidation, to membrane technologies (MF, UF, NF, UO):
- Biological denitrification for nitrate removal (BIODEN®)
- Nitrate removal using electrodialysis (ENR®)
- Removal of organic impurities by use of ozone and advanced oxidation (ADOX® process)
- Membrane filtration – Microfiltration, Ultrafiltration, Nanofiltration
- Reverse osmosis
- Removal of ammonia, iron, manganese, and arsenic
- Removal of suspended solids by means of floc-filtration
- Adsorption of pollutants on activated carbon
- Softening and demineralisation (by precipitation, ion exchange)
- Ion exchange techniques for partial and total desalination
|Selected references:||Further information: