Combination of ozonation & adsorption for the elimination of micropollutants:
- Combination of chemical oxidation und adsorption.
- Large broadband effect with regard to elimination of micropollutants.
- During the use of powdered activated carbon, deep bed filtration serves both carbon retention and biological post-treatment.
- The process combination results in high elimination rates for most micropollutants.
- The possibility of operating cost optimisation.
- When the wastewater matrix consists of a large number of organic micropollutants, e.g. owing to industrial wastewater.
» KomOzAk project, Austria: An industrial scale pilot plant for advanced wastewater treatment using ozone and
with three differing post-treatment steps: Decay tanks, Granular activated carbon filter (GAC filter), biological activated filter
and granulated activated carbon (GAC filter – on a semi-industrial scale).
Pilot plant capacity: max. 3,360 m3/d
GAC unit capacity: max. 96 m3/d
Operation: 24 months (2013-2015)