VA TECH WABAG Tunisie S.A.R.L.
21, Rue Abdelaziz Mastouri
El Menzah 9 – 1013 Ariana, Tunis
Phone +216 71 883 433
Fax +216 71 883 413
Habib Derouich (CEO, a.i.)
Habib Derouich (CFO)
WABAG has long business traditions in the Maghreb, having been active in the region since 1980 and possessing an extensive list of completed projects. Consequently, in 1997, WABAG Tunisia, a WABAG Vienna subsidiary, was formed in order to handle the Tunisian and Algerian markets and to provide local support during order realisation.
To date, WABAG has completed more than ten municipal and industrial projects in Tunisia. The spectrum ranges from compact plants for industrial companies (from 200 m3/d), to large-scale plants for urban drinking water and wastewater treatment (up to 200,000 m3/d).
- Sousse Nord: municipal wastewater treatment plant with a capacity of 10,000 m3/d, start-up in 2009
- Belli: Enlargement of a drinking water treatment plant with a capacity of 172,800 m3/d for the Cap Bon and Sahel region
- Choutrana: Modernisation and enlargement in 2001 of a municipal wastewater treatment plant, including anaerobic sludge treatment, with a capacity of 130,000 m3/d
- Ghedir El Ghoula: Enlargement in 2001 of the drinking water treatment plant with a capacity of 200,000 m3/d, for the Tunis area
- Menzel Bourguiba: municipal wastewater treatment plant with a capacity of 11,065 m3/d, completed in 1998
- Stial: Wastewater treatment plant for a milk processing company with a capacity of 940 m3/d, completed in 1997