Al Ghubra, Desalination (SWRO), Muscat, Oman
|Client:||Muscat City Desalination Company SAOG (MCDC)|
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) based sea water desalination plant to deliver 191,000 m3/day desalinated water.
- The plant converts sea water into fresh potable water which is supplied to Muscat region
- Largest drinking water treatment plant in Oman
Main process steps:
- Screened sea water received from a depth of 8.5 Mtrs and distance of 1.65 km offshore through subsea pipe.
- Pre-treatment by a combination of Dissolved Air Floatation and Dual Media Pressure Sand Filter for treating red tide, O&G, suspended solids and organic remains.
- Inline connection from pre-treatment to Cartridge filters and SWRO.
- Split partial first pass SWRO for optimal energy consumption.
- Second pass BWRO skids to achieve the boron limit in the outlet.
- Energy recovery device in the first pass of SWRO.
- Re-mineralization with lime & CO2 for post-treatment to potable water standards.