Baraki, Wastewater Treatment, Algier, Algeria
- Baraki is Algier’s main wastewater treatment plant and the second largest facility of its type in the country. The WWTP was built in 1990 and after 5 years of operation was decommissioned and more than 10 years out of operation.
- WABAG was entrusted with the comprehensive revitalisation of the existing wastewater treatment plant including sludge treatment and associated pumping stations.
- The scope of WABAG included the review and analysis of the existing plant, disassembling and refurbishment of existing constructions, equipment supply, installation and commissioning as well as operations & maintenance for 2 years (DBO).
- Mechanical pre-treatment
- Biological treatment with activated sludge process
- Sludge treatment: two stage anaerobic sludge digestion and dewatering.