Zermatt, Wastewater treatment, Switzerland
|Client:||Municipality of Zermatt|
- Treatment of the wastewater of Zermatt to reach stringent effluent standards.
- Engineering, supply, erection and start-up of the new membrane biology (MBR).
- The complete WWTP is housed in caverns in the mountain due to space and air condition reasons (in a depth of up to 200m). Due to tourism and seasonal load variations the plant masters capacities from minimum 6,000 up to maximum 60,000 PE.
- Mechanical pre-treatment
- Wastewater lifting
- Primary sedimentation
- Fine screen
- Membrane filtration in seperate basin
- Phosphorus elimination by pre- and simultaneous precipitation